Topic-icon Fasold's Characters

More
1 year 7 months ago #3135 by caenissnow
caenissnow replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Well, he's okay.... but how about this? :D

(Found on Pinterest.)

Ha ha, couldn't resist. :D
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #3138 by Kelemelan
Kelemelan replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Armor looks way out there to me. Point is, Conan's lack of armor or Starfire's attire do make some (kind of) sense in the appropriate setting.

That was my point. :)

Just like a female paladin covered in full plate armor from head to toe also makes sense. I'm not a fan of platemail bikinis. :)

Characters like Dejah Thoris of Mars come barely clothed but they also come without armor and **this** is what makes sense to me. :)

Thx for fixing the url Kalnaren

More
1 year 7 months ago #3139 by caenissnow
caenissnow replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Yep. :) I posted that guy one as a joke. Silly stuff you find online.

And I agree. in my book soldiers wear proper armor, regardless of sex. Otherwise they'd be dead. There is no magic in my worlds. skimpy armor = death. Helmets included. In fact the helmet of one of the main characters in the story is an extremely important prop. You learn to define his mood by that helm. (It has a mirror shine on the grill of the visor that reflects the face of his enemies back at them. Poetically, I guess I'm trying to say to them "you brought this on yourself" just as the steel cuts right through flesh and bone.) :) (I love writing.) :D

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #3140 by Kelemelan
An example to illustrate the point: :)

For the record, Red Sonja was created by RE Howard as an austrian character. She was imported in the Marvel comics as an hyrkanian one in 1973 by Roy Thomas and by then, she was wearing a "normal" chainmail (story was the adaptation of Howar's short story). However, the character worked (too) fine, and she was given her own serie in which she appeared wearing her now legendary scalemail bikini...

www.blackgate.com/wp-content/uploads/201...d-sonja-0-cover2.jpg

That's how such attires become standard issues..

But she's NOT an hyborian character, she shouldn't be wearing that metallic nightmare, and Howard certainly never described her that way...
(Original Character is from The Shadow of the Vulture, 1934, by R.E. Howard)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Kelemelan.

More
1 year 7 months ago #3142 by Fasoldgames
Fasoldgames replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Oh come on you prudes :)

I like ze chainmail bikini! Its effect is to dazzle any attacker and stun them with beauty, so that the bikini Valkyrie is not even attacked at all!

More
1 year 7 months ago #3143 by Kelemelan
I stand by my statement.

Here is Dejah Thoris of Mars :

Main difference is that she doesn't pretend to be wearing much armor.

Not that John Carter wears much clothes either. The cycle of Mars isn't a Male only thing. ;)

I'm not feeling very prudish in that matter. ^_^
Attachments:

Copyright 2013-2018 Overhead Games | Contact: support@epicgenerator.net | Privacy Policy | EULA

We use cookies to improve the user experience. By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies.