Topic-icon Fasold's Characters

More
1 year 7 months ago #3144 by Fasoldgames
Fasoldgames replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Wow, very nice!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelemelan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #3146 by caenissnow
caenissnow replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
I would think someone dressed like that is only trying to seduce, tempt or tease. Unless the room or the climate is too hot. :P My books are very erotic as much as they are violent, the main character was a slave girl... but my characters do actually dress. They just undress a lot. :D

More
1 year 7 months ago #3147 by Kelemelan
Kelemelan replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Edgar Rice Burrough's Barsoom (ie: Mars) is extremely Hot and Dry (and dying), so even the earth-born John Carter is dressed like that.

Dejah Thoris, Princess of the City-State of Helium is certainly no exception on such a planet. :)

Here's another version of both characters by Boris Vallejo (showing that lack of armor & clothes is the norm, although John Carter is in fact a confederate soldier transported to Mars, and therefore human) :

More
1 year 7 months ago #3148 by caenissnow
caenissnow replied the topic: Fasold's Characters

Kelemelan wrote: Edgar Rice Burrough's Barsoom (ie: Mars) is extremely Hot and Dry (and dying), so even the earth-born John Carter is dressed like that.

Dejah Thoris, Princess of the City-State of Helium is certainly no exception on such a planet. :)

Here's another version of both characters by Boris Vallejo (showing that lack of armor & clothes is the norm, although John Carter is in fact a confederate soldier transported to Mars, and therefore human) :

At least he has on shoes. :P

But yeah, that's kinda what I figured, though to be honest, I was thinking of ancient Egypt when I said that. :)

More
1 year 7 months ago #3149 by Kelemelan
Kelemelan replied the topic: Fasold's Characters
Oh, these ones are still quite ok, google for the Dynamite comics versions of Warlord of Mars and Dejah Thoris ;)

More
1 year 7 months ago #3150 by Fasoldgames
Fasoldgames replied the topic: Fasold's Characters

caenissnow wrote: I would think someone dressed like that is only trying to seduce, tempt or tease. Unless the room or the climate is too hot. :P My books are very erotic as much as they are violent, the main character was a slave girl... but my characters do actually dress. They just undress a lot. :D

Yeah, I kind of agree. It is more a male fantasy thing than anything else, I think :)
In very hot climates, like the desert, the people don't go around dressed like that,
they have robes and turbans and such, only the harem girls and dancers, who try to impress and bedazzle, dress in such a way.

Still, no complaints here :)

Copyright 2013-2018 Overhead Games | Contact: support@epicgenerator.net | Privacy Policy | EULA

We use cookies to improve the user experience. By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies.