Topic-icon kalnaren's characters

1 year 8 months ago #2175 by kalnaren
Just started using the program, TOTALLY solved one of my biggest issues for my current boardgame project.. character art!

Below is one of the possible covers:

The character on the left is Narayana fe Anne, former Tali'Centi of Ancient Kharuna. The one in the background is Emyhr Cogan, professional cleric-for-hire that's often employed by the Captain of the Whitstone Guard.

Both are actually secondary characters in the overall lore for the game, but I thought they fit well together (which is funny, since Narayana would never work with a cleric.. and that's actually a rule in the game).

I have a few others I'm working on I'll post up later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greg, Fasoldgames

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #2176 by Kelemelan
Definitely not a boardgame fan here but the art looks nice. :)

More
1 year 8 months ago #2177 by kalnaren

I had previously done some of the characters in different 3D forms (with extensively modded Skyrim being the most successful, dabbled in Daz3D too but it gets really expensive quick for hobby projects), but honestly this is as close as I've gotten them to how I'd actually envisioned them.

More
1 year 8 months ago #2179 by Fasoldgames
Looks quite beautiful! I'm working on a fantasy boardgame too, and indeed, art is a difficult issue, if you can draw only stick figures like me :)

More
1 year 8 months ago #2180 by kalnaren

Fasoldgames wrote: Looks quite beautiful! I'm working on a fantasy boardgame too, and indeed, art is a difficult issue, if you can draw only stick figures like me :)

Totally agree.

I'm fine with CAD software for doing maps and other things, but anything that needs to be fluid or organic I can't draw at all.

I've looked through your thread. Looks like a cool project. Was glad to see someone else around here with an interest in boardgames :)

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #2181 by kalnaren
Not showing off my "characters" per se, but a couple of shots showing how I'm using ePic to generate the art for my boardgame project.

With the exception of the leshan with the antlers there, all the characters/orcs on the tiles as well as the paper standie were done using ePic. It's really making tile create a TON easier.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by kalnaren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sade

Copyright 2013-2017 Overhead Games | Contact: support@epicgenerator.net | Privacy Policy | EULA