Topic-icon caenissnow's stuff

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #3201 by kalnaren
kalnaren replied the topic: caenissnow's stuff
You can do the same thing with the Google drive addon. It installs it as a drive in Windows, then you can automate your backups to the cloud. Even easier with Onedrive and Microsoft Synctoy. All free software.

Proper data backups is usually a matter of effort, not budget. Take it from someone too lazy to do them :)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by kalnaren.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #3202 by Kelemelan
Kelemelan replied the topic: caenissnow's stuff
Err... I don't know about Caenis but I'd require many TBs of backups. Those online drives are only a few GBs for free (not even counting bandwidth issues) unless you start paying... and we're back to my money concern... :)

So I think I'm quite down to earth here. :)

More
1 year 7 months ago #3203 by caenissnow
caenissnow replied the topic: caenissnow's stuff
Yeah - I have Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox (all the free space available), 1tb external and a 4tb external and now my poor 2tb from the broken desktop. Because I'm a heavy gamer in addition to artist and writer, I also make mods, so yeah.... I need a ton of backup space.

I didn't know about the automated backups in Windows 10 though... If I can get a new pc I will definitely check into that.

I too have every thing set up in a structured way so I can find everything easy. I learned I needed to do that a few PCs back when i was making music. My old pcs are complete disaster areas in that respect. :D

It's funny, I have all kinds of time, but no money. :D

More
1 year 7 months ago #3204 by Kelemelan
Kelemelan replied the topic: caenissnow's stuff
Note that I'd exchange time for money anytime...

Because with money, you can buy backup drives, buy backup space and pay people to perform all those backups you so dearly require :P

That's why I'd prefer an unlimited budget anytime ;)

More
1 year 7 months ago #3205 by caenissnow
caenissnow replied the topic: caenissnow's stuff
yeah... An unlimited budget would be nice.

There's something I prefer in exchange for both, but alas.... one can only dream. :P

Copyright 2013-2018 Overhead Games | Contact: support@epicgenerator.net | Privacy Policy | EULA

We use cookies to improve the user experience. By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies.